Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2 Blog Reflection

When formulating this week's lesson plan, I found it long.  The school where I work, we use the EATS lesson plan format.  It is a lot shorted and to the point. It is more like a guide than so much information.  We do not have to put accomodations/listed questions/differientiation in each lesson. It is expected to still be done, just does not have to be written down.  The 5 E's were somewhat helpful. In a college class I had to take during my professional semesters used this.  She called it a 3E.  Occasionally we had to do a 5E.  It was a long process!

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I think some strategies take a little time to get use to. Once we learn the structure and process of things, following a good plan becomes more automatic. It will become less taxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,

    My principal wanted us to submit our lesson plans our first year, and like you, they were much less detailed then the one we had to do for the assignment. I've moved to a more 5 E classroom this year and I LOVE it. The lesson plans are easy to write and I've been summarizing what I'm doing for my own knowledge. I have found it much easier after going through it a few times. Try it!! You will enjoy it, because the kids do most of the work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the lesson format was very long but I found the 5 E's to be very helpful. In my district we complete our lesson plans on a site called curriculum connectors. The program is new and needs a little work but overall the lesson format is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check those out. I teach all subjects, so we currently use the EATS format lesson plan. Maybe one day I can just teach science!

    ReplyDelete